Thursday, January 30, 2014

Tasting- Cortenova Pinot Grigio

Name: Cortenova Pinot Grigio
Variety: 100% Pinot Grigio
Region: Venezie, Italy
Country: Italy
Year: 2012
Price: $7.95

Winery review: Brilliant straw color with emerald reflections. Fresh and floral bouquet with a hint of pears, apricots and bananas. Fresh and inviting with bright fruit and an easy drinking style with a pleasing hint of almonds in the finish. Pairs well with seafood dishes, risottos with scampi,spaghetti with clams, sole in white wine. Perfect also as an aperitif.

My review: This wine was very tasty! I'm surprised how much I liked it. I know it sounds obvious to say it had a grape-like nose, but its true. The mid pallet was very light while the finish was dry and reminiscent of pears. I agree with the review above, it's very easy                                                                                          drinking style. I would definitely drink it again. I drank                                                                                        this alone without a food pairing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment