Sunday, May 4, 2014

Tasting- Decoy Napa Red

Name: Decoy Napa Red
Variety: 47% Merlot, 36% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Cabernet Franc, 7% Petit Verdot
Region: Sonoma, California
Country: USA
Year: 2011
Price: $33

Winery review: The 2011 vintage yielded a supple expression of our Decoy Red Wine with abundant layers of dark fruit and well-developed tannins. On the nose, layers of blackberry and blueberry mingle with hints of herbs and black olives. The rich fruit notes continue on the palate, and lead to a long, structured finish.

My review: This wine was like strawberry flavored water. It was too light in flavor and mouthfeel. The finish did not help my opinion of the wine. Small hints of pepper on the end did not create enough of a finish for me. I would not try this wine again.

I tried this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment