Sunday, May 4, 2014

Tasting- Urban Tinta del Pais Ribera del Duero

Name: Urban Tinta del Pais Ribera del Duero
Variety: Tempranillo
Region: Ribera del Duero
Country: Spain
Year: 2009
Price: $15

Winery review: The 2009 Urbana Ribera, from what looks to be a great vintage, was aged in French oak for 4 months. Deep purple in color with an inviting perfume of violets, Asian spices, black cherry, and blackberry, on the palate it is layered, plush, and intense. While likely to evolve for 1-2 years, this outstanding value can be enjoyed now and over the next 5-6 years.

My review: I did not enjoy this wine. It was too oaky and acidic for my taste. The mouth feel was too light for all the flavor in this wine. The overall flavor was just oak. I would not try this wine again.

I tried this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment