Sunday, February 9, 2014

Tasting- Angove Zibibbo Sparkling Moscato

Name: Angove Zibibbo Sparkling Moscato
Variety: Moscato
Region: South Australia
Country: Australia
Year: Unspecified
Price: $15

Winery review: This is a tasty and generous Moscato  that opens with plush aromas of honey, peach syrup, white flower and fragrant exotic fruit. There’s a nice sensation of fullness and creaminess in the mouth that is backed by the foamy effervescence of this sparkling dessert wine.

My review: The nose was soapy with hints of rosemary and flowers. The primary pallet tasted of peach. Overall the texture was bubbly and inviting. The finish was a bit more acidic than I expected. I was disappointed in this wine. I expected it to be sweeter with a more fruity nose. I tasted this wine without food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment