Sunday, February 23, 2014

Tasting- Dom Roger Perrin, Cotes du Rhone

Name: Dom Roger Perrin, Cotes du Rhone
Variety: 60% Granache, 40% Syrah/Cinsault blend
Region: Rhone Valley
Country: France
Year: 2012
Price: $15

Winery review: Displays deep blackberry, cassis, smoked meat, pepper and our signature sage spice. The silky finish lingers from the ripe tannins. 

My review: The nose of this wine is had hints of cheese. The idea of drinking cheese does not appeal to me, so we started off on the wrong foot. The primary pallet had a very strong smokey taste while the mid pallet let this sensation mellow. Surprisingly, the finish was enjoyable. It had large notes of cherry. This wine confused my pallet and I do not think I will try it again. 

I tried this wine without food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment