Sunday, March 9, 2014

Tasting- Accordini Le Viole Amorone

Name: Accordini Le Viole Amorne Riserva Classico Superiore
Variety: Corvina-Rondinella Blend
Region: Veneto
Country: Italy
Year: 2005
Price: $60 

Winery review: Opaque black. Dark and brooding, the Riserva Le Viole is a winterwine to be consumed with braised meats and hearty stews. It's slush and big flavored, bold and rich with dense black/redfruit, black olives, and huge extract on the finish that goes on forever. Decant before serving. Aged 60 months in oakbarrels and 24 months in tank.  

My review: The nose of this wine is deceiving.When I smell nectar, I hope to taste nectar. Instead, I tasted spice and oak. The overall body was smooth, and I appreciated this in a red wine. 

I tried this wine without food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment