Saturday, March 22, 2014

Tasting- Alamos Torrontes

Name: Alamos Torrontes
Variety: Torrontes
Region: Salta
Country: Argentina
Year: 2012
Price: $11

Winery review: A delightful representation of the high elevation Salta region, the Alamos 2012 Torrontes has bright floral aromas of orange and jasmine blossom. On the palate, this wine is as pleasant as a sunny spring day with citrus and peach flavors that lead to a crisp finish

My review: When I smelled the nose of this wine, I knew I would not like it. There is a sweetness to the nose that is overpowering. This mouth puckering sweetness follows through the mid pallet all the way to the finish. At the finish, it sits right behind your molars reminding you that the nose doesn't lie. This wine tastes like candied pineapples coated with more sugar than a person should eat for a month. I did not care for this wine. 

I tried this wine without food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment