Sunday, March 2, 2014

Tasting- Luis Canas Rioja Crianza

Name: Luis Canas Rioja Crianza
Variety: Tempranillo Blend
Region: La Rioja
Country: Spain
Year: 2009
Price: $19

Winery review: Beautiful ruby color and a clean, intense nose of wild berries with just enough lactic and spicy notes. The palate shows sweet tannins and good balance, intense and fresh. This is a crowd-pleaser and a great value. 

My review: The nose of this wine had hints of blueberry and pepper. I could tell by the spice in the nose that I would regret trying this wine. The mid-pallet, as with many reds, was watery and light. The finish was beyond spicy and acidic. I'm pretty sure the finish on this wine could be used as paint thinner. Pallet wise, the finish of this wine was similar to drinking turpentine. To make matters worse, the finish lasts for 30 seconds after the wine is gone, reminding you of the horrible choice you made to taste this wine. 

I tried this wine without food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment