Sunday, March 2, 2014

Tasting- Col des Vents Corbieres

Name: Col des Vents Corbieres
Variety: 50% Carignan, 35% Grenache, 15% Syrah
Region: Southern Rhone Valley
Country: France 
Year: 2012
Price: $10

Winery review: Brambly berry, cherry and raspberry, spices, black pepper … all are present in this authentic French country wine. There are also some aromas of Garrigue (Rosemary, thyme and lavender) giving a minty, herbal notes, that are quite refreshing as well. The wine is a perfect match with a nice rosemary marinated roasted lamb. 

My review: The nose of this wine was very nutty. Specifically this wine smelled like walnuts. The mid pallet was very hollow and watery. The lack of mid pallet was over compensated for with an extreme finish consisting of major pepper, thyme and general spice notes. I felt like this wine slapped my tongue with a spice rack and having been assaulted, I will not try this wine again.

I tried this wine without food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment