Saturday, March 22, 2014

Tasting- Eudald Cava Brut Familia

Name: Eudald Cava Brut Familia
Variety: Blend of Macabeu, XarelAlo, Parellada and Chardonnay
Region: Cava
Country: Spain
Year: 2011
Price: $16

Winery review: From a 9th generation winemaker who is pushing the envelope for quality and value.  This traditional-styled Cava is a blend of Macabeu, XarelAlo, Parellada and Chardonnay all grown in organic/biodynamic vineyards.  Our first reaction to tasting it was, “Wow – this is really good!”  There’s plenty of elegant white and even some red fruit set off by a fine yeasty/bready character and a dash of seaside minerality.  Creamy, with small, refined bubbles, and ready to enjoy anytime you need a little lift. 

My review: The nose of this wine reminded me of apricots. I really enjoyed the bubbly mouth feel of this wine. The finish was reminiscent of sour grapefruit. I actually really enjoyed this wine. 

I tried this wine without food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment