Sunday, April 27, 2014

Tasting- Burgess Syrah

Name: Burgess Syrah
Variety: Syrah
Region: Napa Valley, California
Country: USA
Year: 2009
Price: $20

Winery review: Inviting color of dark purple garnet leads your nose to very pretty aromas and flavors of plum, blackberry, and spice. A rich, round mouthfeel and long, smooth finish confirm why we love Syrah so much.

My review: I hate when wines smell like grapes because then you sound like a smart ass saying, "This wine smelled like grapes." However, in the case of this wine, it really did smell like big purple grapes. The mid pallet tasted like strawberry shortcake which I would have adored had the wine not had such a high tannin content. Even the light finish was not enough to make me like this wine after the tannin explosion.

I tried this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment