Saturday, April 12, 2014

Tasting- Foxglove Paso Robles Zinfandel

Name: Foxglove Paso Robles Zinfandel
Variety: Zinfandel
Region: Central Coast, California
Country: United States
Year: 2011
Price: $16

Winery review: Superb, with loads of character, the 2011 Zinfandel delivers beautiful bramble, potpourri and spice-driven aromatics, medium-bodied richness and real depth and class; the fact that it sells for a song is just icing on the cake.

My review: For how grassy the nose of this wine was, I was surprised to find that the overall taste of this wine was ash. When this wine was swishing around my mouth, all I could think of was that it tasted as if I'd pulled the ashes out of my grandmother's wood stove and eaten them. I do not know why people enjoy this taste. I did not and will not try it again.

I tried this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment