Sunday, April 27, 2014

Tasting- Manfred Breit Piesporter Goldtropfchen Riesling Kabinett

Name: Manfred Breit Piesporter Goldtropfchen Riesling Kabinett
Variety: Riesling
Region: Mosel
Country: Germany
Year: 2012
Price: $15

Winery review: This Kabinett is a sweeter one yet nicely balanced with spicy acidity. Complex and refreshing with so little alcohol. If you prefer sweet for your meals you can truly enjoy this one with white meat dishes or fish.

My review: The nose of this wine smelled like pineapples, a scent I've come to hate in wines. For some reason, even though I like pineapples, I hate tasting them in wines. The pineapple nose let me know that the wine would be overly sweet. I might as well have stuck my tongue in a jar of sugar. At least the finish was light and not too harsh. I would not try this wine again.

I tried this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment