Sunday, April 20, 2014

Tasting- Santa Duc Cotes du Rhone Les Vielles Vignes

Name: Santa Duc Cotes du Rhone Les Vielles Vignes
Variety: 60% Old Grenache vines, 20% Syrah, 10% Mourvedre, 10% blend of Cinsault, Cournoise, Carigan
Region: Rhone Valley
Country: France
Year: 2010
Price: $16

Winery review: This cuvée sees no oak with no destemming, and is bottled unfiltered. Big and full-on flavours – ripe sweet cherry, stewed prunes with spices, earth and wild herbs – the palate is full and ripe, showing great concentration. The dark berries fruit and gamey flavours are followed by chewy but ripe tannins

My review: Acid attacked my dainty nose as I tried to politely approach this wine for a little sniff sniff. This is not how a wine should greet a lady. In an attempt to become friendly, the wine offered a strawberry candy pallet. I was not having it. Completely off put by the atrocious greeting, I said goodbye to this wine, never to meet again.

I tried this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment