Sunday, April 27, 2014

Tasting- Decoy Sauvignon Blanc

Name: Decoy Sauvignon Blanc
Variety: Sauvignon Blanc
Region: Sonoma, California
Country: USA
Year: 2011
Price: $28

Winery review: Decoy Sauvignon Blanc offers a beautiful combination of freshness and complexity. The aromas are rich and layered with elements of pineapple, guava, peach and lemon zest. On the palate, the entry is crisp and inviting with good acidity supporting flavors of lemon meringue, grapefruit, pear and flint.

My review: I really enjoyed this wine. The nose was very floral and had hints of carnations. The wine was very dry, a quality I've come to enjoy in white wines. The finish was very citrus oriented. I actually bought a bottle of this wine and would buy another if I wasn't facing massive student loan debts.

I tried this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment