Saturday, April 12, 2014

Tasting- Patricia Green Lia's Vineyard Pinot Noir

Name: Patricia Green Lia's Vineyard Pinot Noir
Variety: Pinot Noir
Region: Willamette Valley, Oregon
Country: United States
Year: 2012
Price: $38

Winery review: One of the best value Oregon pinot noirs for 15 years, fresh and mouthwatering with sweet black berry/cherry fruit flavors and Patty's trademark full-bodied style. There's a bit of very appealing field herbs and earth in the mix and a smooth silky finish. It's ready to drink but is so well balanced I'd treat it like a higher priced wine and cellar it for 2-5 years.

My review: The nose on this wine smelled like grape jam. The wine had a heavy body with nodes of cherry. The finish was extremely dry. I did not enjoy the finish, my pallet prefers to stay wet. I would not try this wine again.

I tried this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment