Sunday, April 27, 2014

Tasting- Decoy Chardonnay

Name: Decoy Chardonnay
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: Sonoma, California
Country: USA
Year: 2011
Price: $28

Winery review: This fresh and attractive wine displays aromas of whiteflowers, green apple with hints of exotic grapefruit, guava, flint, and wet stone. There is great flavor impact on the palate with fresh and lively acidity, it is ideal for youthful enjoyment.

My review: I did not care for this wine. It smelled like a fireplace and tasted like one too. I feel like it was too heavily oaked and that is NOT a taste that I go for. Overall the wine just tasted like ashes, which makes me think of cremation, which makes me think of death. Death is not something I think people should be thinking about while drinking. I would not try this wine again.

I tried this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment